Psychological Services for Athletes and Performers
Restoring the Health and Confidence of Athletes and Performers
I know athletes and performers have a strong desire to be focused, driven, confident, and successful. But I also understand what it is like to feel overwhelmed, anxious, and hopeless with continued pressure to thrive and perform.
Many athletes and performers have difficulties navigating the mental side of sports and their artistic craft which in turn limits their performance potential, creates blocks, exacerbates anxiety, and inhibits the overall enjoyment of the sport or artistic work.
I focus on the athlete and performer as a whole – treating the mind, body, and spirit. I help athletes and performers gain the necessary skills to continue participating in their sport, theatre, or performing work. Specifically for performers, we will overcome barriers, blocks, or fear in all realms including stage work, auditioning, or performing in the theater.
I am here to listen and help! I want to help you in your journey to find balance, satisfaction, and improved mental health not just in your sport or on stage but in all areas of life.
I work with individuals to:
- Improve your relationship with food and your body
- Manage nervousness, distraction, and anxiety
- Increase self-esteem and confidence
- Establish focus and concentration
- Find balance between rest and productivity
- Mentally prepare for competition/performance
- Enhance mental toughness
- Recovery from injury
I will help you:
- Understand and support individual struggles (eating disorder psychoeducation, managing anxiety, etc).
- Improve Coach and Athlete/Performer relationships
- Maximize effective communication
- Learn how to deal with and conquer stress, pressure, and anxiety.
- Prevent burnout
- Teach mental training skills
- Learn acceptance and commitment