Treatment for Misophonia
Supporting and Helping Individuals with Misophonia
Are you struggling with the sounds of people chewing? Do noises seem to be amplified and driving you crazy? If so, you may be experiencing Misophonia. Individuals struggling with Misophonia (hatred of sounds) have significant difficulty being around loved ones, coping in social situations, and/or living in their own home due to sounds and/or images that they experience as painful and intolerable. Certain sounds or auditory stimuli cause strong physiological and emotional responses such as anger, resentment, anxiety, and distress, individuals (and families) are unable to function and live the life they want to live.
If this sounds familiar, then know there is HOPE! You do not have to suffer. I understand that this is not something that you just have to deal with or just need to avoid. I will support and provide you treatment to reduce the significant emotional distress and impact Misophonia has in your life, relationships, and day-to-day functioning. Reach out today for help.
I work with individuals to:
- Provide psychoeducation, understanding, and coaching to individuals and families
- Reduce physical response
- Manage and Reduce anxiety
- Reduce emotional reactions to triggers
- Learn coping skills and distress tolerance skills
- Learn skills of communication with family / loved ones surrounding the stress of Misophonia
- Reduce isolation and loneliness
- Provide resources to improve quality of life